After reflection from peers and of my project, I have decided to make some changes before I upload a final production. The most underlying issue was that my theme was all over the place. I basically have three different types of magazines in one, and I need to change that. I decided to stick with my target audience, young men. I need an impactful and serious tone, with images to appeal to them. I changed my bright photos to a more serious, romantic feeling. I also added some attractive women, which always appeals to most men. I removed some pictures, and added new ones. Now my images match the theme throughout the magazine.
Also, I made some edits to the front covers titles. I realized most the titles took away from the impactful picture, because they were right on top of the objects. I found space in the picture where the words can fit and still not take away from the scene, which will draw peoples attention. Most importantly, I realized that my magazine title has lost its meaning with the magazine I am creating. The title matched my idea before I changed it to a cooking magazine, but now it is an informal heading for a very serious magazine. I have thought about the title for a while and have come up with "Men's Euphoria." my catch phrase is, its all about ME.
Finally, I made some last edits like, text font and coloring. I also incorporated last minute touches like picture configuration. I am happy with my first magazine product and I am ready to get it into distribution.

No comments:
Post a Comment