Friday, February 5, 2021

Peer Review

 I was able to present my magazine article to my class and receive great feedback. One of the first things noted was that I should include a male recipe. I had two female recipes and no males, so for the sake of minimalism and small amount of work space, I will drop one of the female ones and add one of the males I interviewed. Next, it was pointed out that the text on the context page was lost because of its color. I will go back and change the color to make it more visible. I was complemented on the little shapes I created with the pen tool, but one of my classes considered to help me figure out a photo shop line tool to help make them look even better. This isn't completely necessary, but if I have time, I will look into it. Someone pointed out that I need to adjust the image on the last page because part of it was cut off, so I can easily fix that. I also forgot to capitalize one of my titles on the front page so that is an easy fix. On my own I realized that I forgot to include the edition for the magazine. Also, someone said I should change the logo, but if I can't get to it, it won't be the end of the world. 

Most importantly, I was told that my article is more like three articles. I had three different themes continuous throughout the article instead of one. I had an impactful, cheerful, and informational tone, and I really need to hone in on one. They told me that I don't really know who my audience is yet, because this article can appeal to different types of people. Part of this reason is that my images vary a lot, so I have to retake some news images, that capture a main theme and specific target audience. Once this happens, I might have a really good magazine that someone would maybe read. Edits are going to made, they might be major, but I am going to keep my concept of male cooking and an impactful theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotated Bibliography

    This is my annotated bibliography for AICE Media Studies. Most of the resources included provided in depth information that I previously...