I was able to solicit my peer review with Keara Curry, the light person, for my magazine. Even though she is not in the Media Studies class, she is in the AICE program with high marks in English and literature. Keara complimented my attention to detail at the typography. She noticed the special looking k's throughout the entire passage and noticed that I filled the letters in the topic headings. She pointed out the fact the my title page could probably use some more unique ideas to create impact. She stated that, "this cover page looks like everyone else's who try to create impact, come up with something new." I thought about that for a while, and I'm still looking for a new technique. I will hopefully find one before the end of the project. Keara also mentioned that, the boundaries of the page look uneven and that could probably be fixed with some changes of the pictures, and some added text to fill the page." I have been at other magazines, and I have found a couple of different ways to fix this problem. I am going to apply it and ask her before I publish the magazine.
Moreover, I solicited a review with Emma Mancini, who helped me acquire the restaurant for some of my photos. Emma is also in the Media Studies class, who can give great advice for trying to fix it. Emma thought my article was very good, she didn't have much to add to what Keara said. Emma did mention that, "Your images could of been a little cleaner and more about the interviewed people." I took that into consideration and told her if I had more time I would of done that. With my two reviews, I'm am going to make some adjustments to the magazine, and the proofread the final product before publishing.
After careful editing and touches, I believe the magazine is ready to be uploaded. I was able to do more final edits to make the final product look as clean as possible. I discovered the feature that in the letters, you can change the color of the inside and boundary of the letter. This was extremely useful for creating my impactful cover page. I could intertwine different usages of the colors and they all brought out the house style concept. I also implicated some impact style font to draw attention. The coolest feature I figured out how to do, was the pen tool. I wanted to infuse a wave into the text to make a really cool transition into the next text. All you had to do was click and drag and the wave would follow. I also put in a straight line as like a lighting bolt as a transition. I couldn't figure out how to put text over pictures, but I figured out that you have to select the box and click object, then textbox options, then select ignore text wrap. I figured out that my text wrap was on to make sure the text didn't go on the pictures. I also decided that I wanted to create a logo to go with the magazine. So I found a hexagon shape tool that you could expand to put in letters. The logo needed to be unique so I created an abbreviation. Also, the question mark should be part of it, but I wanted to make it cool, so I flipped it upside down. With this final product, I am happy with my first magazine result.

No comments:
Post a Comment