Thursday, January 14, 2021

Production 3- "Photo shooting and Integrating"

     With proper lighting, most of the photos were captured with a phone camera. I was able to snag a kitchen and capture some clean photo shot of a dinner table set up for a nice dinner date. I used all the props borrowed from Jaqueline Hamilton, and then set it up using her kitchen. I used some natural lighting from the windows that really highlighted the home feeling date. I also managed to snag some photos at one the highest rated restaurants in my city. I am friends with the niece of the owner, who asked him if I could come by and take photos before they opened. I am going to use a picture of the outside setup as the cover, to create a dreamy feeling to appeal to the audience. This photo looks like a nature paradise. I will use the picture of the dining hall in my feature article when mentioning the establishment. I was also able to get a picture of Greg cooking in his kitchen. I want to use this for the content page as a background for what is going to be in the magazine. I am going to do a dramatic color scheme to make it bold and impactful. Lastly, I got a couple of recipes that I want to implement to give a start to the aspired cookers. I am going to take a close up shot to get all of the steps and I will crop it to look like just a page from a persons notebook. 

    Moreover, I have started to set my outline for my feature article on In Design. It is going to be four pages with a cover page, content page, and two pages of information and photos. The first page will be with impactful writing to influence people to turn the page. The content page will be bold, with a message for the audience about what they are reading. The information pages will be detailed notes and quotes with images to co-align. I have started importing photos, and will start to input text as well.

    I ended up with six photos for my feature article. This includes: Cover image, content image, dinning table, picture of cook, and two recipes. This is going to give me a lot of room to write and convince my audience to cook. I set up the last four pictures as image then recipe, and on the next page image then recipe. I also created an interesting photo idea where the images are proportionately opposite of each other, with designs coming off of them and flowing into the text. I thought this idea would be something an audience hasn't really seen before, and would make them interested. The importing of the photos went smoothly, with the assistance of a peer I figured out how to actually download the photos and put it onto the page. I added all the people accredited with helping me for this project. This people I interviewed, people I borrowed props and locations from, and people who helped with lighting. 

    The typography of the content page is a hype and hip style with a low key feeling but still getting the point across. The typography on the front cover is mostly impactful headings and impactful subheadings. The only text that doesn't stand out is the writing in parenthesis as this is added information. Lastly, the typography in the information pages are pretty basic and easy to read, because I wanted these pages to look serious and easy to remember. 

    After completing the feature article, I'm very satisfied with the result. I would of captured more photos, but I focused more on the typography then everything else. It took a while to import a lot of the statements from the interviews. I was able to get lengthy quotes from all of the people interviewed. I also had some corresponding images with the quotes to bring imagery to the text. I managed to change some of the color tones of the photos as a more deep background. This was created to make a subtle impact for the reader, but not change the house style of the article. I included all of the people credited to helping in the project. I also am looking to solicit two peer reviews to fully round off the feature article. I am hoping for my light person Keara curry, because she is my peer at school. Also, I'm hoping to get a review from Emma Mancini, who is in my class for media studies. 

    Next, I have been researching ways to make my article unique, and I have found a couple techniques. I discovered that you can edit points on the letter to either take away part of it, or move it around. I am going to fill the open letters a little more, to give that uniqueness. I believe that not a lot of articles has this, and I believe readers would be interested and not distract them from the text. I also am specifically manipulating the k in one the paragraphs. It is to make the k a little bit longer on its leg, I thought it looked cool. Only problem is I haven't figured out how to apply it to the whole magazine, but I will figure it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotated Bibliography

    This is my annotated bibliography for AICE Media Studies. Most of the resources included provided in depth information that I previously...