To begin, it was difficult with coming up with a good pitch for the project. I didn't have a solid audience or topic. I wanted to please everyone instead of focusing on a smaller interest topic. Also, my target audience was jumbled as I tried to please a wide range of age as well. I quickly realized that I needed to refine my concept. I didn't know how to continue my project because I still knew it was unique but it would be impossible to score an interview with a celebrity. This project was very hard to try and find an interview, but with some help I came up with an easier way to find people to interview. I challenged myself by going out of my way to reach contestants from cooking shows who could talk about how to encourage the average man to cook, as it is usually more of a woman dominated subject. This made me decide to write a male oriented cooking magazine because it is still unique with the wide appeal to the everyday guy. I learned that creating something for everyone isn't really possible because everyone has different taste and opinions. I then shrank the target audience age to younger men in relationships. This helped me narrow my audience and topic to a unique group of people who are not normally written on.
From the magazine article, it said "The beauty of the storyboarding technique is in its flexibility and adaptability to your needs. If you don't like the exact system, change it to meet your requirements." This concept was vital because filmmaking was more confusing compared to storyboarding. The application and importing of photos into the software was difficult to understand. With the storyboard, I could easily create and change ideas and topics. In the filmmaking article, it said "Editing is the process of selecting and arranging shots to tell the film's story. Audiences expect a film story to flow seamlessly. In a good film, the editing is not usually noticed. This was another reason why I chose not to create a film, as the process of editing was specific and detailed. Creation and storyboarding a magazine seemed more manageable and easier to perfect.




No comments:
Post a Comment