Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Decision Day

     Beginning with the article from Cherry, it states that "The brain actually experiences the story in the same way it would as if you were inside the narrative itself. Further, stories make us more empathetic and able to understand the thoughts and feelings of others (Paul 2012). If stories foster greater empathy, then telling stories may serve to deepen students' understanding of others. Since stories create interconnections and community, they are a natural fit for a project-based approach." This provides a structured thesis on why I am going to write a magazine. With a magazine, I can include more stories that people feel empathetic. The more empathy, the more understanding. In a magazine, a reader will feel a deeper connection to a personal story directed at them.    

    From an article by Franklin, "So it is my belief that the best thing lit mags could do right now is form an advertising collective and pool resources. As a group we have a visibility problem. Many, many voracious readers have no idea lit mags even exist, let alone that this one or that one might be really fabulous. I believe an aggressive and well-designed campaign to the broad reading public selling the very concept of lit mags would benefit most participants and the cost to any single magazine would be more than manageable." From this excerpt, its concluding that most readers don't even know about magazines. If a magazine company had more advertising, the audience would expand past the literary readers. It is possible to have a manageable magazine company based on the text. Because of this, it seems like a clear choice that producing a magazine would be beneficial to everyone. Also stated in this article by Franklin, "Really, the best way to reach a larger public is to publish the magazine in more formats and more collections of works--e.g., online delivery and delivery through magazine services such as Project Muse. I don't feel any compulsion to reach a barber who isn't interested in literature. I'm more interested in making us available in as many ways as can reasonably be done so that the person who in fact is interested can find and access us." It is evident that magazines can be produced in more ways than one. This is important in my case because I am producing the magazine online to be read by someone online. This will be easier for the people who want convenience and easy edibility.  

    Moving on, to support the fact that I am going to produce a magazine over a movie, let's look at a credible production software called InDesign. InDesign is a tool used for in depth production methods with the ability to create a master piece. The best benefit of using InDesign is the advanced tools option. This gives a plethora of options for creators and introduces creativity a writer should have. Furthermore, I can infuse many methods of mise en scène through colored text, directed lighting, critical camera shots, and more. On the other hand, the other software, Premier Pro, is used for creating movies. When reviewing I got very confused and frustrated. It took way to long to just input pictures, and your supposed to make a movie. Their is too many tabs and effects to really concentrate on production. So I concluded that the most convenient and manageable choice of production is a magazine through InDesign.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotated Bibliography

    This is my annotated bibliography for AICE Media Studies. Most of the resources included provided in depth information that I previously...